A home that sparkles and shines, inside and out, will sell much faster than one without good curb appeal. If you’re planning to appeal to buyers and sell your home faster this spring, then here’s what you need to know and do to get your home ready to sell.
- Have your home inspected and make any necessary repairs. Not everyone has a big budget to spend on minor repairs, so make a priority list of what needs repaired the most and tackle one job at a time.
- First impressions are everything. Buyers will drive by your home once they see your listing, so determine what needs work (chipped paint on your entrance, a new mailbox, fresh flowers in front porch planters, etc.) and step up your selling game.
- As we transition into spring, remove traces of winter such as dead foliage, salt trails, shovels and winter décor.
- Clutter can have a huge impact on a buyer’s visualization of your home as theirs. Remove items you no longer use or need, and consider donating or recycling. This will also help take a load off when it comes time to move.
- A fresh coat of paint can do wonders during the staging process. Neutrals are a safe option, but a pop of color or accent wall can add character to your home.
- Put away personal heirlooms, photos, and other private artifacts. These can become distracting to buyers walking through your home. They want to picture their family in your home — not yours.
- Make sure your home is clean! Just think of it this way. If you walked into a home and saw carpet stains, dust balls, and mold, would you want to buy it? A clean home will sell much faster.
- Contact a Coldwell Banker real estate agent. Our agents will sit down with you and thoroughly review the entire process, current market conditions, and the most favorable time for you to sell.